View Profile Kajenx

All 395 Game Reviews

45 w/ Responses

I like the idea, but I would add in the ability to close the art with the space bar, so you don't have to alternate between the mouse and the keyboard. I'm not sure there's much point to the walking around. It might work better as an actual calendar so you can click each day to see the the next one. An actual adventure where you have to find the new picture each day would be a cool alternative, as well--like a little map to explore or something? Not much going on at the moment, but the art pieces are nice.

ninjamuffin99 responds:

You can now close the art with spacebar, as well as the escape key and mouse click.

And some little hunt for the art might be cool. There may or may not be extra little explorable areas planned ahead wink wink shhhhh

I'm amazed at how many cool ideas there are here. I almost closed it after it said "thanks for playing" though - I thought that was the end!

The controls aren't so great in the blood levels. I had to stop about halfway through those because I felt like I was fighting with the game to do what I wanted. I kind of liked how you told the story and how there was some adventure elements. The actual game part of it was never great fun, but the story line and world building kept me interested long past when I normally would have stopped playing, so nice work there. :)

Munguia responds:

thanks for comment and play

Kinda fun. There was a little bit of the whole "TOO MANY KEYS" thing going on, though. Especially in the last level. I think that would have been more fun if there were a few levels before that previewed the moves you needed, like jumping and throwing in a certain pattern. I had a feeling it was the end, so I stuck with it in spite of the sudden jump in difficulty, and it was fun to finish it out.

This makes me feel frantic... I have no idea what's going on but I kinda like it for some reason. XD

Haha, this was fun. Nice art for a collab, too!

TurkeyOnAStick responds:

Thanks Kajenx! Looking forward to your next game.
Have a great New Year.

Game is pretty solid. Worked well and progressed nicely.

The earlier levels were fun, but then it started to turn into a trial and error type thing for me. I realized around level 16 or so that every piece was being used, so I started just looking to configure the board in a way where no flat edges were exposed. I was able to complete the levels until 22 this way, then I got stuck because there was more than one way to configure the board that time, haha. I quit after that level because it was just too complex to be fun at that point.

Something to remember, every level in a game doesn't have to be more complicated than the previous one! You can level off a bit after the game gets going. This keeps the levels shorter, and you can make more of them - which gives the player a better sense of progress. With a game like this, once the board gets past a certain level of complexity, it stops being a puzzle and turns into a guessing game, which is never very fun.

HA, for some reason I enjoyed this. Here, have 5 stars.

It was fun for a while, but going back and forth between the slider and the planets is very slow - especially considering how fast the computer moves. This feels less like a strategy game and more twitch. I don't feel like I saw anything added to the genre either. This is basically an exact copy of a number of games that came out years ago.

I might come back and play on the lower difficulty levels, though. I have enjoyed this kind of game in the past, and the presentation is nice enough.

Lucas Paakh @Kajenx