View Profile Kajenx

All 99 Art Reviews

29 w/ Responses

Ooh, another one!

Welcome to the collab! :D I like you you integrated the background. :) My only crit is that the textures feel a bit digital and slick.

Pree good.

The thing to remember about metal/shiny is to use hard edges on all the color areas. The composition is pretty dramatic though, so I think that mostly makes up for the so-so coloring. There are some cool effects in there too, like the scratching and aging effects, and I think they help pull it together.

Ooh

Pretty colors. Nice and solid, too. I thought it was 3D at first, actually.

Took off a point for the lazy background. :3

Nice Anatomy!

I gotta say, bitey looks pretty in that middle pic. :3 Makes me wonder how you're gonna do the legs. Photomanip?

LOL

Adam Phillips called, he wants your lady fatsack for breeding.

*PLBT*

I like the coloring style. For some reason I can never allow my stuff to have such hard edges. It's like they scream at me until I fix them.

sucho responds:

e..eww...

LOL

That was really funny! The art is nice too, though it looks a little low-fi...

Fantastic!

You're easily my favorite artist on the site. :) Your colors and compositions are really great. You keep reminding me how much I still need to learn.

voxmortemcg responds:

thank you very much! I'm still learning basics, and all I can say is to never give up, you'll get there and past that if you keep training :)

Great stuff.

You're really good at backgrounds, man! I like it when I can look at a piece and learn new techniques. :)

Ohh cool

I like the "realistic colors" quite a lot better than the supersaturated ones you often use. I think a better way to describe it is "sophisticated color" because the painting isn't given an even treatment of brightness. The saturated colors you used here are much more effective because of the cool grays around them.

I took off a point for the copypasta robot on the left, though. It creates a weird pattern/rhythm that breaks over the robot on the right. I think the picture would be better without it or at a different angle. Or, if all the robots had the same facing and you forced the pattern it might be even stronger.

Kamikaye responds:

Wow ,thx for that dedicated comment :) I will keep that note on the color theory in mind and try to refrain from supersaturation more often in future, but you know .. these sliders in PS, they look at me :P

O.o

This is really strange. Also fantastic. I like this sort of sensualism.

Lucas Paakh @Kajenx