View Profile Kajenx

26 art Reviews with Responses

All 95 Reviews

I love the Art Nouveau look. :)

AkiCarlito responds:

haha thanks man!!

This is very nice, but please take off that filter that separates the magenta/cyan and makes it blurry. It wrecks your beautiful art! It actually hurts my eyes to look at her face.

Shilozart responds:

I love that effect, but i think you're right, it doesn't work very well here :)) haha
Thank you!

This is pretty great! What program do you use?

jagondudo responds:

hey thanks!
zbrush to model the big organic shapes and characters, setup and textured in c4d and final composite and effects in photoshop

Looks nice.

BTW, Graphics Gale has some tools to automatically lay in dithered colors. You might want to check it out.

radshoe responds:

Hey, thanks for the recommendation. I'll give it a shot!

Haha, Ayla...

BLARGEN69 responds:

She is the CUTEST!

Daww, it's cute!

SmokeryDots responds:

:) ....

I like the way you did this. You can add color to this kind of thing really easily with shading filters. Not saying you should, but I just wanted to comment on the nice technique. :)

The only thing I don't love is the edges. Do you use a lot of smudging? It might speed up your process if you could find a way to work with the smudging in a more "solid". Like, I've found it helps a lot if you try to work in a way where, at any step of the process, you could stop and it would be "finished". It might take more time trying to work like that in the short term, but it really speeds things up as you move along. I'm sure you're already doing this sort of thing, but I just thought I'd mention it, lol...

Flowers10 responds:

I actually "finished" this piece and after that started smudging, im really still learning how to do these. so thank you for your kind words!

Hey, I think this piece has some nice attention to detail. This angle of the face can be somewhat difficult to do.

If I can give a little tip (I know unsolicited advice can be annoying, so feel free to ignore me! :3) but you might benefit from trying a painting or two where you only allow yourself to use hard edged brushes at 80% or greater opacity. You can use anti-aliasing on the brush, of course, but the reason I'm suggesting this is that I see a lot of my own digital technique in your style, and I've recently discovered I can paint much faster by starting with very solid colors and blending them in a bit later if it seems necessary. when I figured that out I wished someone would have told me that a lot sooner, so here I am telling you. ^^ It will seem a little clunky at first, but if you block out the shading in lines on your drawing, then fill stuff in, you'll literally cut hours off your time. Layering the shading on with airbrushes just ends up taking forever. When the painting is close to done, a bit of airbrushing can give it the same effect, but it'll be faster because you can sample right from the painting itself and use it like a blending tool.

ANYway, not trying to preach or anything, just though it might be helpful! I think the leather is my favorite part of this drawing. :)

Anchimayen responds:

Thanks for looking at my painting and for taking the time to write something of an advice, it's really appreciated. I used to paint with single colors and then shade them with the burn/dodge tool from Photoshop, but i guess this would be faster and more controllable.

I can relate to what you say about the similarities in technique.

Always happy to see someone who can help me improve my style. Thanks! :)

You must be a Mark Ryden fan, no? :D

liransz responds:

Indeed!

Very pretty. Reminds me of Mark Ryden. :)

liransz responds: